Portal to Alheizar
Welcome to Celarus. This used to be a peaceful land, this used to be a land where all lived in harmony. All that changed the day Dana, the high priestess, fell sick and died. After her passing a power struggle ensued with the different races all vying for control over Celarus and its resources. Vewin and his band of Orc warriors controlled the North, Ramua and her elven brethren held the South. The war had come to a deadlock and neither commander was willing to negotiate.
Then one day darkness fell over Celarus, the people of this once peaceful land started to die of a mysterious sickness, the armies were decimated and the commanders could do nothing. It seemed that the darkness itself was infecting the people.
When the darkness abated neither commander could continue in the fight for control over Celarus and scouts were sent to assess the extent of the damage caused by this shadowy infection. When the scouts returned they brought news of a terrible new force assembling to the East.
It was soon established that the darkness that had covered Celarus was the result of an evil ritual that forced open a portal to the demonic planes of Alheizar, a land so corrupted the very air became poisonous and toxic. This new force lead by Aerris, an evil warlock, was threatening what was left of Celarus.
In order to save their once bountiful land Vewin and Ramua created alliance, recruiting whoever and whatever they found among the living to battle for glory, riches and freedom from this new evil.
1. What game system are you running and if applicable what edition?
D&d 4th ed
2. What ‘type’ or variant of game will it be ? What is the setting for the game?
It will be a mix of home brew and published campaigns.
3. How many Players are you looking for?
A party of 4 to 5
4. What’s the gaming medium?
5. What is the characters’ starting status?
6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want… or do not want?
If you can give all the details for the class anything will work
8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game?
Core 4th ed races & Homebrew races
9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
After we get the party together we will use the point buy system. (22 points, See How to determine Ability scores)
10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
No alignment at start
11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
Please no multi classing
12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game?
Players can roll for themselves (using the forum tools).
13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about?
- Standard Adventurer’s Kit is free to all members starting out.
- Every person is responsible for their own book keeping.
14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular?
A colourfull background of no more than 300 words
15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
It will involve all of the above at first but will change according to the needs of the party
16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements?
I would prefer the use of the core books (Phb 1-3, and DMG 4th ed)
If you need help creating a character please use Character Sheet creator
The official page is located at Portal to Alheizar Forum
Please head over and introduce yourselves to each other